Last week we looked at colours, and had lots of fun doing our activities. During the week toddler girl began to recognise, and say "red" and started to sort colours.
This week we will be looking at Autumn. I have included our weekly activity plan, but there are also many other ideas on my pinterest boards.
As well as the planned activities I have also included a free play activity for each day. These are my sneaky learning activities, where toddler girl is having fun and learning through play.
I have also included a nursery rhyme a day to the weekly activity planner, as I believe that it is important to sing with your children. I will be sharing the words of the nursery rhymes with you, and looking at further activities you may like to do relating to those nursery rhymes.
There is also a section on her weekly activity planner where I will put a story of the day. I will be writing a review of the book we have read, enabling you to make the decision whether or not to purchase the book yourself.
Adult planned activities, and how it relates to the EYFS.
Personal, social and emotional development- managing feelings and behaviour.
- Make an Autumn feeling tree.
Physical development - moving and handling.
- Splashing in muddy puddles.
Communication and language - understanding.
- Make a bird feeder discuss why its important to feed birds during Autumn and winter.
Literacy - writing
- Make an alphabet tree.
Mathematics - numbers
- counting using pinecones
- make a number leaf line.
- use pumpkin seeds to count and match to number.
Understanding the world - the world.
- Go on an Autumn leaf hunt
- Look at which animals hibernate, and why they hibernate.
- Make prints in play dough, or salt dough with natural materials, leaves, sticks ...
- Floating and sinking with natural materials.
Expressive arts and design - exploring and using media and materials.
- Make a leaf man, or leaf animal.
- apple printing.
- make a hedgehog collage picture.
Free play activities:
- outdoor play - garden / park.
- play teddy bears picnic, either indoors or outside.
- making dens, either indoors or outside.
- Play dough
- Incy wincy spider
- pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake.
- wind the bobbin up.
- hey diddle diddle.
- doctor Foster
- one, two, three, four, five.
- Hickory, dickory dock.
- The very helpful hedgehog by Rosie Wellesley
- Red leaf, yellow leaf by Lois Ehlert
- Why do leaves change colour by Betsy Maestro
- Autumn with squirrel by Anita Loughrey
- Pumpkin soup by Helen Cooper
- Ferdie and the falling leaves by Julia Rawlinson
- The listening walk by Paul Showers.
Coming soon... Autumn theme planning, full of ideas which cover all the areas of the EYFS.
If you are after fun educational printable resources for preschoolers, then look no further. Here at Mummy G I have a huge selection of topic themed preschool resources packs. Click here to find more information..