The boys are breaking up for summer, and I can't wait. I love the lazy mornings and the summer days. The boys love to play out in the street with their friends, but sometimes they like to do fun activities with their mum too. :)
So I am busy setting up my summer bucket list. I am hoping to do most of the activities from this list and post the pictures on my facebook page. Click here to follow me on facebook :)
I will be linking up some of the ideas to other websites, so please feel free to follow the links, if you need more information about an idea. I also have a summer theme board on pinterest which you can find here.
So here we go.. here is my bucket list :) (It includes indoor and outdoor ideas)
- foot print painting in the garden.
- making bubbles - we used a cup of water, 4 tbsp of washing up liquid and 2tbsp of glycerine (in the baking aisle)
- learn how to make different loom bands.
- Make some chalk for the garden.
- face painting.
- make some bird feeders for the garden.
- play with water balloons. If you use real balloons they take longer to pop. we like to play catch with them until they eventually pop on someone :)
- Make some fossils using salt dough.
- Make a sun catcher.
- Make some family comics.
- Use our homemade chalk to draw a hopscotch board on the floor.
- Painting with water in the garden.
- Spray painting on a large sheet in the garden.
- Go on a bear hunt in the woods.
- Set up a treasure hunt with a real prize.
- Flip flop painting.
- Make our own pet rocks.
- Make some paper fans.
- Create a fairy garden.
- Make a kite.
- Go fishing.
- Make our own fishing rod with a large stick, string and a magnet.
- Make some paper boats and float them on the river, or a paddling pool.
- Press some flowers.
- Make a daisy chain.
- Butterfly printing.
- Make some ice-cream.
- play in the paddling pool.
- Play with ice in the water tray.
- Ice experiments - add food colouring and salt to ice.
- make some ice-cream sodas.
- make some melted crayons.
- Use a magnifying glass to burn a hole in leaves. (adult supervision is required)
- play volley ball on the beach.
- make some pom pom shooters.
- make a natural materials mobile.
- make a milk bottle watering can.
- Make tents in the garden.
- Read stories outside.
- Make a summer scrapbook.
- Make a beaded caterpillar.
- Make some bouncing bubbles.
- A water fight.
- Go on a bike ride.
- Make some slime
Feel free to add your own ideas in the comments. I would love to hear them.
Hope you all have a lovely summer :)