This home made clay is really simple to make and doesn't consist of many ingredients. All you need is:
75g of bicarbonate of soda.
75g of cornflour.
100g of salt.
- In a saucepan mix together the bicarbonate of soda, the salt and 80ml of water. Bring it to the boil.
- In a bowl mix together the cornflour and 60ml of water. Stir it well.
- Once the salt water has boiled take it straight off the heat and mix in the cornflour and water.
- Keep stirring vigorously until it forms into a thick dough.
- Kneed the dough for a couple of minutes whilst it is cooling.
We put the clay in the airing cupboard to help it harden. Once it is dry you can then paint your creations.